Work With Us
Internships & Placements
We are not currently hiring for a permanent position, but do have a range of internship opportunities available. An internship here encompasses everything from manufacturing and distribution, to marketing and e-commerce experience, along with product development and launching. The list of tasks is rather long and varied, with a certain amount of scope for customisation. We know that internships in the manufacturing sector of the textile industry can be a little difficult to come by in the UK, so we hope you will this opportunity useful.
Please see below for a brief summary of the position and the skills successful applicants would be gaining. Of course, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. There are no specific requirements that the applicants would need experience with, other than MS Office packages and an enthusiasm for textiles. We are recruiting for a number of internships throughout the year, so have not included any specific dates. However, we do require that interns come for at least 12 weeks, as we find that this is the minimum amount of time for them to really be able to gain a deeper understanding of how our business operates and learn all the necessary skills. Thank you!
This placement entails:
- Administration and sales support in the office
- An insight into running a small business
- Hands on experience with many different natural fibres
- Experience of worsted production and understanding of how yarn / tops are produced
- Support on both retail and wholesale order fulfilment
- Input and collaboration on new products and colour palettes
- Assisting with product launches and marketing support
- Maintaining e-commerce website and database
- Input regarding social media campaigns, blog and newsletter images and copy
- Understanding of and assistance with market research and analysis
- Stock management
- Potential to work a photoshoot, depending on timing
Duration: 12 + weeks, dates flexible as we are recruiting throughout the year
Hours: 40 hours p/w
Location: South Molton, Devon
We are an independent family run business making Yarns and Fibre Tops in our small scale, worsted spinning Mill in North Devon (one of only a handful still operating in the UK). Where possible we source fibre locally, or through trusted suppliers in the Falklands and worldwide. We use predominantly vintage machinery that we have lovingly restored and maintained to create wonderful artisan goods using a hands-on approach to production. All our Yarn and Tops ranges are blended and designed by John Arbon and his team at our Mill, inspired by the natural world around us or his interests in art, music and nostalgia.
We love collaborating with other like minded folk and small businesses in the fibre community. So if you have an idea and want to know if we’d like to get in touch then please just pop us an email, we’d love to hear what you’re thinking!
Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you,
Sonja & Juliet
JOHN ARBON TEXTILES
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 (0)1769 579861
PO Box 8,