JOHN ARBON TEXTILES DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
We believe a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment is one where all employees & customers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, religion, education or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and to keeping all John Arbon Textiles spaces (be they at our Mill, our Shop, a yarn show, or online) safe and enjoyable for all. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and wish to ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
John Arbon Textiles strives to:
- See diversity and inclusion as critical to ensure the well-being of our staff and our splendid customers.
- Acknowledge and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programmes, and services.
- Please do let us know if you think we could do better by emailing Juliet. ([email protected])
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all employees to embrace this notion and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday practices.
- Commit to collaborating with a more diverse range of designers and makers going forward.
- If you are a designer and a member of an under-represented community then we would love to hear from you with regards to potential yarn support and collaborations. Please email Sonja ([email protected])
JOHN ARBON TEXTILES ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
We believe in buying and making local. We source almost all our fibre and packaging materials from Britain and work closely with UK scouring and dye plants. We care deeply about creating yarn using the smallest footprint possible, for both environmental and economic reasons. The company strives for continual improvement, and all employees are committed to managing the environmental impact of our processes.
John Arbon Textiles recognises the importance of protecting the environment and this is reflected in the following policies:
- Monitor our environmental performance and that of our systems and undertake waste reduction and recycling initiatives.
- We produce virtually no waste fibre as broken tops are sold as show specials and noil distributed to visitors for their garden veg.
- Our staff do all they can to reduce the company's impact on the environment. We recycle most of the waste we produce and keep the remainder to a minimum.
- If you have a specific environmental or production query then please email John and he will be happy to help. ([email protected])