The Annual (issue one)
Welcome to The Annual (issue one) – an issue created by the Mill’s founders, John and Juliet as a nod to the yearly treat from their childhood. The pages include some gems – spot the difference and a word search, a few of John’s favourite factoids and even some input from their much loved, characterful old cat – Mr Smoke! There are also insights into their love of vintage machinery amongst info on all John Arbon Textiles’ luxury yarn and fibre tops blends. Plus you will find four exclusive patterns designed specifically for JAT yarns from our regular and most favourite designers.
Nestled in the heart of North Devon, the Mill is one of only a handful of small-scale, specialist worsted processing and spinning Mills still operating in the UK. Full of refurbished machinery rescued over the years, with some newer additions along the way, the Mill is where we create, develop and make all our yarn & tops ranges.
Our first ever Annual is a glimpse into our wondrous woolly world! The Annual (issue one) features the following content:
- Boyd Hat pattern designed by Sonja Bargielowska
- Chapman Sock pattern designed by Rachel Atkinson
- Cuthbert Scarf pattern designed by Francesca Hughes
- Drucilla Shawl pattern designed by Fay Dashper-Hughes
- Glorious illustrations by Katie Green
- Articles and behind the scenes glimpses of the Mill by John
Plus all the helpful product content in our catalogues of old